Scotts Steering Stabilizer Kit Honda Africa Twin
$292.00 – $694.50
The Scotts Steering Stabilizer for the Honda Africa Twin models utilize a SUB mount while retaining the stock bar height.
A Scotts stabilizer provides a significant improvement to the handling and stability of a big Adventure bike.
Ready for a real steering stabilizer for your Honda Africa Twin?
The Scotts Steering Stabilizer for the Honda Africa Twin models utilize a SUB mount while retaining the stock bar height. The SUB mount opens up the cockpit and moves the handlebars 14mm forward in position #1, and 24mm forward in position #2, typically a much more comfortable position for these bikes, especially when standing.
A Scotts stabilizer provides a significant improvement to the handling and stability of a big Adventure bike. It helps diminish, and in some cases, eliminate the harsh “hit” at the handlebars when hitting rocks and roots. It also can help stabilize the bike at higher speeds over rough terrain.
Sub mounts also allow for more room above the handlebars for GPS, Enduro/Rally computers, roll charts etc. while retaining quick access for adjusting the stabilizer.
For those looking for even more performance or would like to increase bar height, we can get you even more dialed with FasstCo. Flexx Bars with a HIGH bend with a straighter SWEEP to get you more in the “Attack” position when standing or negotiating rough terrain.
- Bike specific/easy installation
- 3 fully adjustable damping circuits, high/low speed & sweep, comes with tuning manual
- SUB mount opens up the cockpit and moves the handlebars 14mm forward in position #1, and 24mm forward in position #2, for more room sitting or standing.
- Used by top factory teams both on and off-road
- Choice of “Road” or “Off-Road” type stabilizer (See note below)
- Available as a FULL stabilizer kit, or mount only if you already have a Scott’s stabilizer.
- Made in the USA
Full Stabilizer Kit Includes:
- Stabilizer, Link-arm, new SUB mount/Bar mount assembly, billet aluminum frame bracket, tower pin, all necessary hardware and detailed step by step instructions and tuning manual.
SUB-Mount only Kit Includes:
- The Mount-Kit-Only includes everything except the stabilizer and link arm, including a new SUB mount/Bar mount assembly, billet aluminum frame bracket, tower pin, instructions and all necessary hardware. This application requires the stabilizer to be mounted in the reversed position but uses a standard link-arm. The stock bar height is retained with this kit. The bar mounts are reversible to achieve 2 different mounting positions, position #1 is 14mm forward of stock, and position #2 is 24mm forward of stock, both of which are normally desirable on this bike.
Want to really dial your ride in? We can get you just about any bar height and sweep your looking for with FasstCo. Flexx Bars in a custom or specific bend (for example, Windham, Carmicheal etc.). This can make a huge difference in rider comfort and fatigue, especially if you have any existing shoulder, elbow, or wrist injuries. For more info on Flexx Bars go here.
If you are looking for another brand of bar we can help put that together too, just call or email us here.
We also offer a large knob for the slow speed circuit of the stabilizer. The large knob was designed to be used primarily on bikes with oversize handlebars or with bars that do not have a crossbar, however, it is possible to use this knob on “crossbar-type” bars as long as there is enough clearance for it to physically fit, which is determined by where the crossbar is, relative to the stock knob. Many bikes with crossbars require the smaller knob as the large knob will not clear the crossbar. The larger knob makes it much easier to make quick changes on the fly.
The Large Knob price includes all the parts required to make it functional on your existing stabilizer, including a new stainless steel spring and ball for your base valve, and Allen wrenches.
Stabilizer Types: On or OFF-ROAD
You have the option of selecting either a “road type stabilizer” or an “off road stabilizer”. Road type stabilizers have rebound damping, meaning the unit dampens back to center, a preference that most road riders prefer. An Off-Road stabilizer has free rebound damping, meaning it dampens from the center out but is free rebound back to center. This feature was designed to keep the rider from fighting the damping forces when correcting for slides, common to dirt riding, and helps prevent “arm pump” for aggressive riders. This is an option only found on Scotts Stabilizers. Because this model can be used in either scenario, we offer the option of either stabilizer. If you are not sure which you want, select the version that you will spend most of your time riding with. Rest easy as they both work superb in either application, they are just better suited for their specific uses and we try to give you options to suit your specific needs. If you’re still not sure, just give us a call and we can help you.